Saturday 5 November 2016

Backwards in time

To highlight the fact that when we look at history we effectively go back in time, I wanted to create a clock that did just that on the back of the hare. It fitted well as within the Museum's collection there is a clock that is back to front, and does indeed go backwards. I also had the idea to make the hare's bob tail a tennis ball, celebrating the cloth in a fun way. Lodgemore Mills still make the tennis balls used at Wimbledon and by painting it yellow, it helped balance out the ears. I also decided to make the thread on the cotton reel, yellow too. I still have a long way to go, but I feel Scarlet Red Hare is growing in personality and character and it has been great to talk to visitors and explain a little bit more about Stroud's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment